Health & Safety Guidelines
**updated items due to additional changes in the Mega Event Guidelines as of 1/6 have ** next to it with notes at bottom of page.
Health and safety are always a top priority. We will be implementing the following health and safety measures at the 2022 Rose Bowl Half Marathon & 5K in alignment with the State and Pasadena Board of Health and the updated Mega Event Guidelines to ensure a safe race weekend experience for all runners, volunteers, staff, vendors, and spectators.
• All participants and spectators ages 2** and up must provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test and receive a verification band to participate.
• Stay home if you feel or are sick
• Masks must be worn at the start line. You may remove your mask upon crossing the start line.
• Masks are encouraged at all times when not participating on course
• Masks are required when using any indoor facilities of the Rose Bowl including but not limited to indoor bathrooms or access the Locker Rooms
• Hand sanitization stations will be available onsite
• Participants looking for additional room for social distancing should start in the back
• Spectators are encouraged to wear masks in crowded areas and space out wherever possible.
HEALTH & SAFETY CHECK LOCATIONS
• All participants (except for those who purchased Race Day VIP) must provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to pick up their bib on Friday, January 14 or Saturday, January 15 at a designated locations.
• Participants who purchased Race Day VIP will be required to show proof of vaccination or negative test when picking up bib race morning.
• Spectators will be checked at Gate A by CSC security and will be given a wristband to enter the Rose Bowl.
• Kids ages 2** and up participating in the Kids Run and their parents must also provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test at bib pick up.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROOF OF VACCINE
• If Johnson & Johnson (J&J): verify single dose with date at least 14 days prior to January16
• If Pfizer or Moderna, verify two doses with dates; the most recent date must be at least 14 days prior to January 16
• Digital or in person cards are acceptable as proof
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROOF OF NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
Proof of negative COVID-19 test means a printed document, email or text message displayed on a phone, from a test provider or laboratory that shows results of a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or antigen test.
• PCR tests must be taken within 48-hours of the Event, no earlier than 7am on Friday, January 14
• Antigen test conducted within 24-hours of the Event, no earlier than 7am on Saturday, January 15
The printed document, email, or text message must include the person’s name, type of test performed, date of test, and negative result.
At home tests are not acceptable.
For anyone who does not have and needs a negative COVID-19 test, we will be offering Rapid Antigen Test BinaxNOW testing at the Rose Bowl on Saturday, January 15, and Sunday, January 16.** This test will provide results in 15 minutes. A negative result will satisfy the testing requirements to pick-up your race bib. The cost is $95 (no insurance accepted).
Rapid Antigen tests are only acceptable within 24-hours of the event, so no later than 7am on Saturday, January 15.
Testing Positive Before The Event
Participants who test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event (on or after Monday, January 3, 2022) will have an opportunity to transfer their registration to virtual participation or defer to the 2023 Rose Bowl Half Marathon or 5K.
There are no refunds. All requests must be submitted by Saturday, January 15.
Please fill out this form if this applies to you.
For additional information and health & safety FAQ, please visit this page and scroll down to the Health & Safety Guidelines FAQ.
We understand during these uncertain and scary times, you may not feel comfortable participating in person this year. Should this apply to you, we are offering transfer to the virtual option or deferment to the 2023 Rose Bowl Half Marathon & 5K on January 15, 2023.
To defer or transfer, please fill out this form by Saturday, January 15. Any requests submitted after January 15 will not be accepted.
Any questions not on our FAQ or unclear, please email us at email@example.com or find us on social @McCourtFoundation on Instagram and Facebook.
**Changes as of 1/6
- Updated age of 2+ (from 5) for ages the negative COVID test or vaccine requirement
- Removed Antigen Testing on site at the Rose Bowl on Friday, January 14 as Rapid Antigen Test is only acceptable after 7am on Saturday, January 15.