2018 Santa Monica Classic 5K & 10K – Sold Out!
ANNUAL SANTA MONICA CLASSIC 5K / 10K RETURNS WITH MORE THAN 6,000 RUNNERS REGISTERED TO RUN SCENIC COURSE ON SEPTEMBER 9
The Los Angeles Running Season Kicks-Off with the sold-out Santa Monica Classic this weekend; Registrations Are Now Open for the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon,
LA Big 5K and Pasadena Half Marathon
- Family-Friendly event raises funds for official charity partner, YMCA of Santa Monica and Los Angeles
- Surfer Shuffle provides opportunity for the entire family to be involved (kids ages 3 to 8)
- Santa Monica Classic High School Challenge presented by Muscle Milk returns featuring Santa Monica High School and Malibu High School in a 5-kilometer race to the pier
- Race Series Challenges returns with opportunities for runners to earn extra challenge medals by running three qualifying events
- Festival at the Pier with family friendly activities, games and samples from various exhibitors
LOS ANGELES, CA – Sept. 6, 2018 – Conqur Endurance Group, a subsidiary of McCourt Global and leading athletic event organizer of the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, will hold the sold-out Santa Monica Classic on Sunday, Sept. 9. With more than 6,000 participants expected on race day for the 5K/10K and 200 children for the Surfer Shuffle Kids Race, the family-friendly event will raise funds for local charity partner – the YMCA of Santa Monica and Los Angeles. Supporting the YMCA of Santa Monica and Metropolitan Los Angeles continues Conqur’s mission of service to build stronger communities by providing life-changing programs and services to youth and adults of all ages.
“With the return of the sold-out Santa Monica Classic, we are thrilled to kick-off another season with an enthusiastic group of dedicated runners filled with determination and drive,” said Tracey Russell, Chief
Executive of Conqur Endurance Group. “With the continued success of the two triple-play running event series, the Conqur LA Challenge and the Triple 5K Tour of LA, we continue to see a significant increase in runner participation, especially from younger demographics with the High School Challenge, Surfer Shuffle Kids Race and through our partnership with Students Run LA.”
Launching the Los Angeles running season with the iconic oceanfront classic, the Santa Monica Classic returns offering two Race Series Challenges – the Conqur LA Challenge and the Triple 5K Tour of LA.
Athletes can earn additional challenge medals by running three of Conqur’s races in Los Angeles’ most iconic venues — Santa Monica, Pasadena/Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium/Elysian Park, and the incredible journey that is the Skechers Performance Marathon’s Stadium to the Sea course. The Santa Monica Classic is the first qualifying event for both the Conqur LA Challenge and the Triple 5K tour of LA.
- Conqur LA Challenge: Athletes must participate in all three events within one “season”, participating in the 2018 Santa Monica Classic (either the 5K or the 10K), the 2019 Pasadena Half Marathon at the Rose Bowl and the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon. For the Conqur LA Challenge, eligible runners will claim their medal at the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon.
- Triple 5K Tour of LA: Athletes will take on three 5K races during the season. The 2018 Santa Monica Classic 5K, the 2019 Pasadena 5K at the Rose Bowl and the 2019 LA BIG 5K. Eligible runners will claim their challenge medal at the 2019 LA BIG 5K.
Registration for the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, LA Big 5K and Pasadena Half Marathon are now open.
To register for each of the Conqur race experiences or for more information:
- For the Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, visit: https://www.lamarathon.com/.
- For the LA Big 5K, visit https://www.labig5k.com/.
- For the Pasadena Half Marathon, visit https://www.pasadenahalf.com.